You are here
Attention To Detail Makes The Difference
Just because everyone else is doing it, doesn’t make it the right way. We do a lot of things differently at Grand Design RV and our construction is no exception. Following are just a few of the ways in which we construct our coaches differently, to build a better RV:
- Laminated Aluminum Framed Construction | Our sidewalls are laminated aluminum framed, but we didn’t stop there like many other manufacturers do…We also laminate the rear wall, and the sidewalls and roof of every slideroom. You can feel the difference!
- Wood Truss Framed Roof | Residential style wood trusses, spaced 16” on center, provide the foundation for a full walk on roof. Wood framing provides better screw retention than traditional aluminum trusses, and it eliminates the metal on metal connection to the aluminum framed sidewalls. Wood also has better insulative values to help keep you comfortable.
- TPO Roof Covering | Seamless 1-piece roof covering won’t streak or chalk like traditional rubber roofs and features a 12-year warranty.
- Racetrack Ducting | To ensure the most efficient cooling possible, we use an exclusive racetrack ducting system that extends past each A/C unit to allow for uninterrupted airflow from the front to the back of the coach (Available on Reflection, Solitude and Momentum)
- Fully Enclosed Underbelly | Our fully enclosed underbelly’s are insulated and have a dedicated heat duct to ensure the best protection from the elements.
- Heavy Duty Tires | We use heavy duty tires that are filled with Nitrofill™ for maximum lifespan. These tires are also backed by a 5-year warranty.
- Class Leading Pass Through Storage | Huge pass through storage bays are a hallmark at Grand Design RV. We have strategically designed our plumbing and electrical wiring around the storage area to ensure maximum usable storage space.
- Ductless Flooring | Heat vents are discretely hidden in the bases of the cabinets, unlike traditional floor vents that trap dirt and debris.
- Aluminum Entry Steps | High end aluminum steps won’t rust or bind like traditional steel steps.
- 3-Year Limited Structural Warranty | Class leading construction deserves a class leading warranty.
- 100% PDI Inspection | We put every Grand Design unit through a series of quality inspection gates during the manufacturing process. Once completed, the unit undergoes a comprehensive final finish inspection. From here, most manufacturers ship their units on to the dealer for retail sale. Not Grand Design…Every one of our units are shipped to a separate PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) facility where they are again put through a 250+ point inspection. It is only after this that we deem a unit ready to ship to our dealers.
- Water Capacities: Fresh: Grey: Waste: